- Need moreMay 12, 2023 by van von hetszel from United States
I love this show and have been listening for a while, I’ve relistened several times and I need more!!!!
- GreatMarch 30, 2023 by james bowie from United States
Great ambience. Great narration. Great story lines. Hope it continues
- Loved it-recommendNovember 14, 2022 by magicmurderfan from United States
Trying not to binge it, I’m savoring it. I’m having trouble finding more horror podcasts to settle in with,(I have binged so many) but this one is great! Only downfall is there is only 2 seasons so far. Keep it up! Love the pacing, narration, straight creepy stories with subtle theme. No outside gimmicks, no obnoxious ads, no political statements, just spooky stuff. I highly recommend.
- Great Voice, Good StoriesOctober 27, 2022 by Daveiii from United States
The voice acting is super good, especially the man, the myth, the legend Dr Malcom Rider. The stories/segments are well written too but I’d listen to the good doctor read the back of a cereal box
- Great horror fiction podcast!October 18, 2022 by KateAKAShiroiNeko from United Kingdom
If you like Magnus Archives you'll like this.
- Best Scary PodcastOctober 11, 2022 by NedBin from United States
I absolutely love this show. The stories and the main and other voice actors are phenomenal. The stories are so captivating. I hate the fact that I have to wait for the next episode.
- LOVE IT!October 4, 2022 by Chainsawcat from United States
It’s like a cross between WTNV, The Midnight Library & SPC. 🙂
- Love this podcastSeptember 29, 2022 by Goofyelf from United States
I found this podcast the other day and i'm hooked. This is one of the best horror podcasts i've found to date.
- A great storySeptember 28, 2022 by DocCaballero from Australia
A really well told story with great development over the season. Please make more!
- Incredibly rich story. My first Patreon subSeptember 28, 2022 by Spectator roflcopter from United States
Coming from nocturnal transmissions, I already enjoy our terrific narrator—but the story and the writing in this podcast is so rich. It’s like the perfect combination of horror meets Welcome to Night Vale meets Magnus Archives meets Lovecraft that blends into its own unique thing. There’s a perfect mix of storytelling and lore that build upon each other, and it made me realize that excellent world building shouldn’t seem or look like world building—and this show accomplishes that task. I only wish there were more content. The Odd America segments are simply the best, but the actual plot is very good too. Its become my first patreon subscription. I hope they keep it up.
- True horrorAugust 24, 2022 by JakeDo01215 from United States
It was more than just a radio show telling ghost stories. There’s a twisted plot running thru the different episodes and the plot is just too good.
- Too good to wait for spooky season!August 21, 2022 by session sf from United States
I started listening to this in August, and I quickly realized it would be *one of those* that is so perfect for October. But it pulled me in and would not let me go! I could not stop listening! (Shoot, is the podcast itself a paranormal entity? Do you think I should call in to the show about the show??). Lol. Anyway, this is one of those rare finds that is so bingeable because it’s really, really good. Try to wait and listen around Halloween if you can
- Loving the podcast! 😀August 17, 2022 by ShadofOfAGhost5 from Turkey
I can’t articulate why exactly, but there’s something so relaxing about this podcast. I love it so much.
- Absolutely AwesomeJuly 24, 2022 by Corvus Anduril from United States
There are a lot of horror podcasts out there but this one presents horror in a very creative and stylistic way. The stories are great, the voice acting is top notch, and the presentation gives it a twist that other podcasts don't do. The creator(s) came up with an awesome idea and had exceptional execution. Too many podcasts have good ideas but poor execution. I cant wait for more seasons. Also, they should really come out with some merch!
- Keep ‘em coming!July 12, 2022 by aishah 123 from United States
Love this and it’s so clever! One of my favorite story telling podcasts
- My favorite podcast so far!July 2, 2022 by endoda from United States
This podcast is honestly my favorite podcast I’ve found. I tend to be somebody who likes the spooky, creepy, and mildly disturbing when it comes to my entertainment (movies, books, tv, etc)… and this hits the mark. With an amazing set of voice actors, and the perfect amount of horror and unknown mixed in, this podcast delivers. I recommend this to all my friends, and would highly recommend this to anybody else as well. If I could give it 50 stars I would.
- Keep’em ComingJune 24, 2022 by watchthesnap from United States
Love this podcast, such an enjoyable listen.
- Sad goodbyeMay 28, 2022 by Prosody lady from United States
Very sorry that this is no longer available as a free podcast as it was one of the most enjoyable shows I’ve listened to. Will miss you Drs.Ryder, Malcolm & Amelia. Prosody Lady
- Great storytellingMay 22, 2022 by Jmc1712 from United Kingdom
I only found this a week ago & have been binge listening ever since. Love the format, stories & vocal acting. Well worth a listen
- Best Podcast EverMay 22, 2022 by SteeleFireImpact from United States
This is hands down one of the best podcast I have ever listened to. It is my favorite. I am always looking forward to new episodes. It’s so good!!!
- A cozy horrorMarch 20, 2022 by Finding Pattersby from United States
This show captures the strange magic that exists in the divide between listener and broadcast. The call in show is one of my favorite phenomena. Tales of the supernatural+ horror combined with bouts of dark humor is a difficult balancing act that Dr. Malcom Ryder bridges masterfully.
- Information neededMarch 17, 2022 by lol noo beep beep from United States
I love this podcast but I wish they would’ve told everyone they were no longer gonna be posting on there podcast anymore. They said every few weeks they been dropping episodes but not on the podcast apps Would’ve been nice to know so I would stop waiting on it not everyone can afford To listen to the patron.
- Worth the patreonMarch 5, 2022 by Austin luedeke from United States
There are many podcasts out there that are decent but this podcast hits so many odd and mysterious areas that I had to join the patreon to support this story and the artist. Take the time to listen and theorize what everything is or the direction this will go. Highly recommend this.
- Fantastic!March 4, 2022 by Mayhem1234?????? from United States
I find it hard to get quality horror podcasts with captivating stories. I get bored half the time due to many difficult to follow stories. Not this podcast. The stories are well written and keep my attention. Highly recommend. I hope you keep going and i would love to see longer stories with out quality reduction. Thanks
- Soooo Good!March 3, 2022 by DeeLovely 007 from United States
This is really good! I’m stuck trying to figure out if the odd america stories are real or made up. But the narrator’s voice is awesome! Both soothing n creepy, I love it!
- Weird, but so goodFebruary 25, 2022 by mistydawn82 from United States
Very unique format. I love all the episodes and can’t wait to hear more
- Very well written and acted.February 16, 2022 by StvHggn from Canada
This podcast seems a cut above the rest in its genre. I’m not sure what it is exactly but upon first listening I was engaged, listened to all the episodes over a short period and new ones are played shortly after they arrive. Great work, we’ll written and acted. Can’t wait to hear where this goes. And the narrators voice is quite something. I can’t remember which episode but the scene where the villain is whistling the theme from Peter and the wolf put my hackles up. It’s the little things that make a difference!
- This Voice is WonderfulJanuary 27, 2022 by FirstSonofBlackacre from United States
This has quickly become one of my absolute favorite podcasts. It’s creepy, odd, and always been interesting. The America that has been created here is a strange place (even stranger than our own America). There is an underlying mythology developing. It’s worth exploring. Trust me.
- Burned through ever episode in two daysJanuary 22, 2022 by doobino from United States
I’ve really been enjoying VFD, the production quality and voice talent are fantastic and the writing is clear and concise. My favorite aspect is how many different stories there are. One single episode might have three totally different creepy concepts. I appreciate the overarching narrative aspect but the scariest moments for me have all been in the “call-in” segments.
- I love this Podcast.November 30, 2021 by Avestia01 from United States
This is a great Podcast. The voice Dr. Ryder was made for radio and podcasts! The writing is great too. This is one of my favorites.
- Different, but delightful.November 28, 2021 by JesscuhhTM from United States
The usual type of podcast that I indulge myself with is a novella story telling horror podcast. But I have to say that this show has been a different but delightful experience. I recognized Kristan Holland’s voice as soon as I heard it, I am a fan of his Nocturnal Transmission podcast. I will highly recommend this show to anyone that has a spooky side. Great podcast!
- The single best radio drama podcast to dateNovember 12, 2021 by Ghjhgh from United States
The impeccable sound design and enthralling writing may spoil your ability to enjoy less fastidious audio dramas.
- Incredible writing.November 8, 2021 by Bunglewire from United Kingdom
I love this show so much I subscribed to its Patreon. It’s flights of imagination are mesmerising. The tone is exactly to my taste, and and the show’s structure and execution is flawless… except for this latest ep, (4) whoever has voiced it is not equal to the task. When you set the bar as high as this, unfortunately expectations run high and this ep was noticeable for falling short of that. Im hoping there’ll be a transcript on the Patreon as I couldn’t finish listening to the ep it was so bad. Sorry!! I love every other thing about this podcast with my whole heart.
- Bite sized horrorOctober 13, 2021 by snifflepig from United States
This is a fun podcast, just short enough for a commute to work.
- FantasticOctober 4, 2021 by Funky arrrrrg from Canada
Incredible horror podcast. Cant belive i never heard about it before, a real hidden gem.
- Five starsSeptember 21, 2021 by baby harvey from United States
My favorite podcast
- Amazing podcastSeptember 20, 2021 by The-boogyman from United States
After having “The Magnus Archive” withdraws, I was having a hard time finding another good supernatural/folklore podcast. THIS SHOW IS AMAZING. I’m nervous that I’m going too fast through the series but it is so good! 100% recommend.
- Love this showSeptember 14, 2021 by ForestWizerd from United States
Best show out there. Really cool unique stories and characters. Can’t wait for more episodes!
- I NEED MORESeptember 3, 2021 by Mgo1938293903 from Canada
excellent. Everything about this podcast is 10/10.
- More pleaseAugust 21, 2021 by Kornmom5 from United States
This is outstanding. Oh that voice, please give us more!
- GreatJuly 23, 2021 by DeltaDefSquadYo from United States
Great . Absolutely. Positively. GRRREAT!!
- Excellent!!July 18, 2021 by Nikki_Marie14 from United States
Just came upon this podcast last night and I’m so glad I did. It’s fantastic!! Already told 27 friends lol. Keep going, I need more!
- Deliciously eerieJuly 8, 2021 by N.M. Kaye from United States
The supernatural can potentially await you around any corner, along any dimly-lit stretch of highway. But don't worry, Dr. Malcom Ryder is here to guide you through it safely. Most of the time. A Voice From Darkness creates a full world with a very simple premise.
- FantasticJuly 2, 2021 by mighttiny84 from Australia
I have to say that this is one of my favourite podcasts. I can’t wait for more episodes.
- All in on this.June 30, 2021 by foxytown from United Kingdom
Pretty much a dream podcast for me. Taking the eerie call ins from King Falls AM and Dark Air but presenting them with urgency and dread. A hugely creative and engaging show.
- Must listenJune 28, 2021 by celestialguruduchebago from Canada
So we’ll written, spooky yet captivating. Campy yet emotional. Well done.
- Five *’sJune 25, 2021 by MomCallsMeNicholas from United States
It took me a few episodes to get into it, but by the third it hooked me and wouldn’t let go ‘til I read all of the available episodes. Very well written and acted and leaves you wanting more
- Worth giving it a shotJune 16, 2021 by werecakes from United States
This is a really good pod cast. The characters are pretty good and the “callers” are a decent representation of the average person freaking out over abnormal events. I really like the small stories in the beginning and middle. They remind me of a good spooky story to tell around Halloween or around a campfire. Wish there were more free episodes though.
- Great PodcastJune 1, 2021 by Mattybuns from Canada
I love this Podcast. Super entertaining and interesting. I love me a spooky story.
- Better and betterMay 25, 2021 by zippy4tw from United States
Complex, intelligent, compelling, expertly told stories. What appeared to be a quality anthology revealed as an interleaved plot of fiendish design. I love this.
- Interesting and dynamicMay 9, 2021 by KAimore from United States
I liked this podcast from the first episode. It had good voices and seemed interesting enough. Little quick snippets of stories building a world where paranormal stuff happens daily. And then the storyline got a bit more complex and I became invested. 5 stars definitely.
- Top tierMay 9, 2021 by alinmyhead from United States
Completely was not ready for this show to be this awesome I have listen to numerous podcasts but this one is top five so far
- Listen to this!May 2, 2021 by Poochensens from Germany
I’ve been pulled, hook, line and sinker, into this atmospheric talk radio host’s show and his mysterious back story. Season 2 is just starting and it’s going to be another nail biter! I’m already impatiently double checking my notifications anxiously awaiting the next one!
- Exceptional Horror with Unique FormatApril 23, 2021 by TheKDevine from United States
I am thrilled that I took a chance to listen based on the other reviews, and Voice does not disappoint! The narrator and the writing are spot on and I love the intro. A bigger story weaves into being in the background and the callers are a horror delight, putting you in real time as you listen. If you like the Magnus Archives or Tales to Terrify, you will enjoy.
- So excited!!April 21, 2021 by BartonBella from United States
Not to so like Jesse from Saved By The Bell, But IM SO EXCITED!! I was so very sad when I realized there wasn’t a season 2 but Now There Is!! Same great show( Honestly, I never expected anything less) can’t wait for the rest!!
- Awesome!April 20, 2021 by the red paladon from United States
When is season 2 going to continue? I absolutely love this one!!!
- Love this show!April 16, 2021 by Desi Dez Dep from United States
This is the type of show I’ve always hoped for! It’s so good, it would even make a great animated series!
- Top 5 podcasts!April 15, 2021 by Rnho from United States
This one is up there. I love the storyline, the voices and acting are believably seductive and it’s well written! Thank you!! Keep em comin!!
- FantasticMarch 18, 2021 by Julieetedarkhart from United States
Entertaining and creative, definitely hooked and can’t wait for more episodes
- Great dramaFebruary 19, 2021 by lao_tsun from Canada
Very interesting and original. Please come back I miss this podcast you are awesome
- Clown townFebruary 15, 2021 by cloen town from United States
Very very very good!!!
- Really Enjoyed It!February 6, 2021 by MistaLeeee from United States
Hope they make more!
- Amazing!January 16, 2021 by SDSfan from United States
Just discovered this podcast a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it! Thank you for creating it, you’re the best.
- Fantastic and engagingJanuary 9, 2021 by Diddy1800 from United States
Great story line, great narration well worth the listen. Looking forward to season 2
- A great storyDecember 21, 2020 by JordRaptor from Canada
A intriguing story similar to The Magnus Archive and Welcome to Night Vale
- WowNovember 11, 2020 by thomash94! from United States
I loved it. I definitely listened to it way to quick and now I need more from the show!
- Love this podcastNovember 5, 2020 by jennpau from United States
I listen to Nocturnal Transmission as well and think that is great.
- Great showNovember 3, 2020 by Tea-biscuits from United States
There’s a lot of podcasts that manage either good writing *or* good production value *or* a fun listening experience but not many that can get all three. I think VFD really nailed it. There’s a real endearing charm to the host and to the show as written that keeps it from getting too grim, while still being pleasantly mysterious. For any listener who finds The Magnus Archives to be kind of a bummer, or Night Vale too meandering, this is a thoroughly enjoyable show.
- Best since The Black TapesOctober 21, 2020 by QuincyGal from United States
I listen to a ton of spooky podcasts. This is the best since The Black Tapes. Well done.
- Love itOctober 21, 2020 by SarahConstable from United States
Absolutely love this show. Binged it in two days. Reminds me a lot of Welcome to Night Vale so if you enjoy that podcast I think you'll definitely enjoy this show.
- A voice from darknessOctober 21, 2020 by codeye pixie from United Kingdom
Starts off slow. DONT STOP LISTENING. It gets better. The different callers call back and it gets more in-depth, interesting and very Morish. Really well written and I promise you once your in you’re there for the whole podcast.
- Binged!October 14, 2020 by Egg352 from United States
I listened to the entire first season in less than 24 hours. Can’t wait for season 2!!!! So creative and spooky!
- Amazing amazing and amazing a third timeOctober 2, 2020 by Dosebot from United States
I cannot recommend the show highly enough. The stories, the tone, the voice acting, it is all incredible. I listened to all episodes in one day. My only gripe is that there’s only one season. I.. I also think the sh... the show is... hang on, I’ll be right back. There’s a strange door here. I need to open it.
- Awesome and spookyOctober 1, 2020 by Papachewey from United States
This is a great podcast!! Perfect to get me through the day!
- More please!September 27, 2020 by Hon_beegirl685 from United Kingdom
Absolutely love this podcast- brilliant storytelling and premise. I binged all of the episodes in one go!
- Love thisSeptember 25, 2020 by Nat8V01 from United States
Me and wife Love this podcast can’t wait for season 2!!!!!!
- Amazing! I am gripped...September 16, 2020 by Kellyedwards31 from United Kingdom
I LOVE it!!!
- Incredibly goodSeptember 14, 2020 by ImEveryKurtlan from United States
Sort of the best pieces of Nightvale with a stronger narrative arc. 13/10 would recommend.
- EngrossingSeptember 11, 2020 by Frustrating, but accurate from United States
The acting, the stories, the production...wow! It’s just so good.
- Very goodSeptember 5, 2020 by abkos from Canada
I love this podcast. The narrators voice is spectacular and creepy. The radio segments are very well done and really interesting. It pulls you right in. Can’t wait for season 2.
- Great show.September 4, 2020 by Ng16n0 from United States
I love this show. Spooky and not the same old show. It is very well produced. Do yourself a favor and listen to the first episode. You will be hooked after that.
- Interesting, spooky podcastSeptember 1, 2020 by soiwhebsloab from United States
This show is great! I’ve had it in my queue for quite a while and needed something spooky to listen to on a rainy day. The acting is good, the mixing is good, and the stories are very interesting. I wish there was more and they came out sooner!
- One of the best there areSeptember 1, 2020 by ethan worah from India
From the moment you start listening, you are hooked. If there is one con of this show it’s that there aren’t more episodes. As a supernatural fan, this show is an absolute treat.
- Unbelievably well doneAugust 31, 2020 by Geopetchia from United States
This podcast is probably my favorite supernatural podcast. The episodes are creepy and ORIGINAL! The story telling draws you in. Each episode has another small story in itself but ties in to the bigger plot. I can’t wait for season 2. This is a must listen!
- Great Podcast!August 26, 2020 by el_chino_cochino from United States
Can’t wait for the second season!
- Fun/spooky showAugust 23, 2020 by Antonius404 from United States
The spooky stories are concise and creepy, and the host is an excellent storyteller.
- Excellent paranormal talesAugust 13, 2020 by WhoaFlicka from United States
The production is simple and haunting, stories flows seamlessly and it’s quite easy to get caught up in them. Highly recommended!
- Unique and interesting stories!July 31, 2020 by sunishka_ from United States
The flow of the episodes is so good! It had me on the edge of my seat at all times. Very interesting premise, great stories, I’m loving the way it’s all coming together. The ideas are so cool, like after every episode I go “SO COOL!” Give it a listen!
- Great podcastJuly 30, 2020 by Raven_Shoes from United States
Excellent voice acting and genuinely chilling
- My favorite podcast ever.July 24, 2020 by TheChickenLover658 from United States
The format in which you use keeps the podcast feel, while also making it seem like a radio call in show at the same time. I have been addicted ever since the first episode, and can’t wait for more. The voices are amazing, and the content gets better and better as the stories continue through the podcast. I also love the position in which this is told from. A supernatural expert gives advice to his callers, and helps them out of various situations. Cant wait for more, Dr. Ryder!
- Fantastically SpookyJuly 22, 2020 by julianew823 from United States
One of my new favorite podcasts, but episodes are too far and few between.
- Fantastic!June 30, 2020 by chipouras from United States
This show is going to be huge! Very reminiscent of The Kirlian Frequency. Oh so good! Need more!!!
- SorryJune 7, 2020 by Melsna from United Kingdom
I really enjoy this podcast. Unfortunately my finger slipped and gave it a one star rating. If you see one ignore it. I discovered this podcast last night and am now almost up to date. Please keep them coming.
- So far, so spooky!June 5, 2020 by Kikibeeki from United States
A Voice from Darkness has turned out to so far be a great supernatural podcast, with compelling characters and an interesting storyline. All the voice actors do a great job of bringing the characters to life (and sounding like a real people). The production quality also is very high. I can’t wait to hear more!
- StellarMay 23, 2020 by Bachpants from United States
- More episodesMay 21, 2020 by Hank216 from United States
I love this podcast I just wish episodes came out more often!!!
- Creepy and compellingApril 30, 2020 by ElizaBennet08 from United States
I just discovered this show and listened to the first 7 episodes (all that’s out so far). I love it! At first it seemed like it was going to be a monster-of-the-week anthology-style series. However, as it went on, a meta-narrative appeared and I am hooked on it! Can’t wait to hear more about the ominous Traveling Salesman and his history with Dr. Ryder.
- Great storiesApril 30, 2020 by Marvelglr from United States
Highly addictive and great voice actors for the stories. Really pulls you in.
- Amazing!April 28, 2020 by thebasileli from Germany
Very creepy and atmospheric!
- Excellent!April 26, 2020 by Xnicknamex1 from Canada
This podcast is excellent! The voice acting is superb, as is the writing. I’ve been searching for a new podcast since The Magnus Archive is in its final season, and this podcast completely fits the bill! The line between reality and the supernatural is nicely blurred making for a creepy experience, sometimes best saved for the light of day. So darn good. I really hope this series continues.
- Draws you in and doesn’t let goApril 22, 2020 by Monox Boogie from United States
I love everything about this. The stories are concise, the dialogue is perfectly suited and the production is amazing. Just discovered today and I’m already four episodes deep.
- Super spannendApril 19, 2020 by Jms.b from Netherlands
Dit is werkelijk uitstekend gedaan. De verhalen zijn echt nieuw en onvoorspelbaar. Dus niet de cliché enge dingen. Ik hoop dat er snel een seizoen twee komt. This is excellent stuff. The stories are new and unpredictable. Not the know scary stuff. Or known stories that turns out very different than you expect. I hope season 2 comes soon.
- My new horror addictionApril 16, 2020 by Debris313 from United States
This podcast is great. The host is fantastic and the stories really pull you in. This is a must for any horror podcast junkie like me.
- Well done!April 5, 2020 by moppet_mi from United States
Genuinely creepy, with an excellent build up. So many podcasts fail at this, but you’ve done a superb job. I also love the magical realism - nice touch.
- Love this showApril 5, 2020 by mzi024 from Belgium
Great acting , awesome plot , surprisingly plots . Can’t wait for more !
- Compelling - You Won’t Want StopApril 2, 2020 by The Thriller Bookworm from United States
I just started listening to this and I could not stop listening to it. Will probably finish the episodes by the end of tomorrow. This is an awesome show - would absolutely recommend! Hope there is more to come!
- Scintillating storiesMarch 13, 2020 by Miss Hijinx from Australia
We join radio show host & parapsychologist Dr. Malcolm Ryder. He has an expansive knowledge of paranormal lore. He provides a vital paranormal support hotline service to callers in distress. If afflicted by the strange & you feel your life is in peril , make the call. We listen to how Dr Ryder calmly circumnavigates the daily obstacles that befall his panicked callers. Quickly embroiled in the suspense filled adventures we experience their attempts to survive strange situations. Dr Ryder and his network of contacts who also have specialised knowledge, are there for further support. This is a high calibre production with captivating storyline’s. The talented performers bring each character & their métier vividly to life. I am glued to the edge of my seat, eagerly anticipating what happens next. If you enjoyed other paranormal audio dramas such as : The Storage Papers The Alexandria Archives The Long Hallway Conversations from the Abyss Story Fables Ghostly Tales Earbud Theater Wormwood The Veil I believe you will like this show ! I look forward to many more episodes.
- When He Speaks, We ListenMarch 1, 2020 by Shrouded Lover from United States
We turned it on & we couldn’t tune out. Between the action sequences, executed with deft narration and sfx, and the long con character build we didn’t stop at season one.
- My new favoriteFebruary 29, 2020 by Guy In Ties from United States
I want this to be a book series and movies. It’s so well done that I can’t get enough! The most cinematic podcast I have found.
- Addicting showFebruary 25, 2020 by coleneann from United States
Intriguing and scary at the same time the drs voice makes the show
- Great show!February 17, 2020 by Picky43 from United States
My only complaint about this show is that there aren’t more episodes. This is a great listen!
- Excellent WorkJanuary 16, 2020 by The Misery Machine from United States
This is a fabulous show - I came across you all on IG and decided to give you a listen. I am so glad I did, because it made my workday so much more enjable today <3 Yergy & Drewby
- This is awesome!December 31, 2019 by jaiakshsua from India
We need a new season.
- AmazingDecember 13, 2019 by xannus from United States
I fell asleep to this podcast and wow I had a very bad nightmare that night
- Bravo!December 6, 2019 by formerATT from United States
A toast to the creator, writer, & finally the star of this hidden gem of a podcast. It’s original, smart, well-done. I’m rapt from the first few words of the intro until after it’s over & I’m sitting with a vacant unfocused stare, letting the story echo between my ears while I turn it over & over in my mind. As my horror pallet becomes more refined, I find Mr Holland at every turn. He is talented beyond this or any podcast & I can’t wait to see where he takes his talents next, because I’m buying advance tickets while I still can. This kid is going places.
- incredibly unerving.December 3, 2019 by Ell Gamester from United States
i'm not easy to fear but dear god this podcast scared me. amazing.
- Great voice acting and storytellingDecember 3, 2019 by Calenchamien from Canada
The voice acting is really great. I’ve found that sometimes podcasts don’t hit a believable or interesting balance between distance from the story they’re telling and immediacy to inspire emotion, but A Voice from Darkness really does it for me. It’s really creative, and I love the world building with the weird stories of America. Can’t wait to see what happens
- No Question About ItNovember 23, 2019 by GoodPointe from United States
This podcast is an absolute must listen for all horror fiction fans. And if you don’t like horror fiction, this might actually be the show to change your mind. Intensely gripping and original stories. Immersive high quality sound design. Stellar pitch perfect voice acting. AVFD never strays too far from its initial premise, but consistently finds new ways to present its stories to the listener. The writing never underestimates it’s audience and never tries to ‘hold your hand’ or over explain. As soon as you hit play, the lore of AVFD is established and the world is moving... and Jac Rhys brilliantly throws you right into the middle of it. Just listen to AVFD. Do Not Ask Questions!
- So spookyNovember 18, 2019 by Thatguy212121x from United States
Such a great horror story podcast. Love the set up and really hope to see more soon! Gives me chills and puts me on edge!!
- Heavy Hitter!November 4, 2019 by Damiawinters from United States
I really love the voice actors in this! The content is interesting and fresh. I can’t wait to hear more from the podcast.
- Love this!November 2, 2019 by Nickleton from United States
Love the creativity, voice acting, writing, and world building going on. This is a universe I want to know more about and spend more time in. Great execution and depth of ideas. Beautifully done, everyone involved should be proud!
- CreepyOctober 16, 2019 by Predator2097 from Austria
I hope thisgoes on for a long time. Maybe it is to soon to give stars on this well produced creepy horror podcast. So far it is great. I love the voice talents and soundfx. If only i could open this black door im seeing from time to time...
- Respect creativityOctober 3, 2019 by g*m*d from United States
Original. Well done. Keep up the good work!!
- Do NOT ask questions!September 27, 2019 by Papa Elephant from United States
This is my favorite new podcast. The sound quality and voice acting is superb. It’s incredible how one voice guides the listener through the picture the actors are painting just with their words and minimal effects. Nicely done!
- A great new podcast!September 24, 2019 by RamblingAlbert from United States
I love this podcast and can’t wait for new episodes! Can we fast forward time so I can binge listen to more episodes? The sound quality is amazing, and the voice actors do a great job telling the story. Keep up the good work!
- Off to a great startSeptember 19, 2019 by myrontaslov from United States
Superbly acted, great premise, I’m left wanting more. This podcast takes the form of a call-in radio show where people call to ask for help with unusual happenings in their life. It’s also interspersed with segments called “This day in Weird History,” short stories about unexplained phenomena, many of them ongoing. This show so far is a cut above the other ghost stories out there. Check it out if you’re looking for something more serious than Welcome to Night Vale.
- Great premise!September 17, 2019 by KelDeer from United States
This show is super creepy and just in time for Halloween. Love it.
- Yes.September 14, 2019 by motherofrabbits from United States
I’m a picky fan of drama/horror podcasts. Get to the point. Make me smile. Make me look up in my rearview mirror because I’m spooked and seeking the knee-jerk comfort of another face. Don’t make me fast forward through drama with your fanbase or a million ads. Check check check. Followed. Subscribed. Recommended highly.
- Great StartSeptember 10, 2019 by mummymunt from Australia
At the time of writing this there is only one episode out, but it was a strong start and I can't wait to hear what's coming.
- Kristen Holland is amazingSeptember 8, 2019 by 72emcd from United States
Gentle listener here from Nocturnal Transmissions, one of the best horror fiction podcasts ever... can’t wait for more from this incredible narrator
- So good!!!September 7, 2019 by michelledrake from United States
A must listen so creepy I love it, but only 2 episodes, bummer!!! You coming back?